Monday, August 20, 2007

What was I thinking?


I decided that I want a stripe down the leg of my brown yoga pants that matches my shirt, so I came up with what seemed like a good idea. I would buy two pink t-shirts and use one for the stripe and one to wear with the pants. I went to ONE store, a K-Mart at that, couldn't find a nice, pink t-shirt, so bought two of these ghastly green t-shirts. Why do I do such things?!?
I couldn't bring myself to do it. First, I look terrible in the green t-shirt. It's thin and cheap and it shows. Second, the green doesn't go with the brown at all. It looks like puke together. What was I thinking?!? Probably something along the lines of, "I have so much to do that if I don't buy something today, I'll never get anything, every." I'm very dramatic about such things.
Today I took decisive action. I put the two new t-shirts aside and ordered some pink fabric. I got it at Sew Baby. I'm planning to make Vogue 8151 for the top. I ordered the fabric from Sew Baby because they have the matching fabric and rib knit trim. I'm a bit confused because the site describes the fabric as "t-shirt knit (interlock)" which is a contradiction to me. I think of t-shirt knit as jersey and I don't think of interlock as t-shirt fabric. I'm not sure which I hope it turns out to be, jersey or interlock, since what I'd really like is a source for both. Whichever it is, I'm excited to have a source that sells matching rib knit trim.
I also ordered enough black to make two tops. I've realized that black is the perfect wearable muslin color. One can never have too many black clothes, I've discovered. I also ordered the August edition of Burda World of Fashion. Might be a bust for me, since it has few plus sizes, but all the other sewing bloggers use it, so I must explore.

No comments: