Monday, August 20, 2007

Subtle Yet Satisfying




Here's the before picture.
















Here is the after picture. I raised the sleeves up and opened up the neckline.

I learned some interesting things on this t-shirt. It was a size 2X. I think a 3X is easier to alter and get just like I like it. First of all, the hips only just fit. I would prefer more wiggle room. Next, there wasn't that much shoulder width to cut off, so when I wanted to raise up the underarm hole, I didn't have the left over shoulder fabric to fill in the underarm. I ended up with a very long armscye and not that much sleeve seam line. I had to stretch the sleeve to fit, so the sleeves look a little less fitted than I would like. My next t-shirt alteration is a 3X, so we'll see if a slow careful 3X alteration gives me the best results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat. I can really see the benefits.
Do you usually tuck in your tees? Do you ever chop off the too tight bottom?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV