Thursday, November 20, 2008

For Vanessa

In reference to the liturgical swags and jabots for church, Vanessa asked: what's the difference between a swag and jabot?



The swag is the half moon shape on top; there are two jabots, one on each side.

My design for church flips the jabots and merges them, so maybe it's not a jabot anymore. I don't know what else to call it, so I'm calling it a jabot.

I made one larger prototype for the two columns in front. I took it to church and Julie held it up and we guesstimated how long it should be to look right compared to the small ones. I forgot to take Julie's picture, which saddened me, but she'll be part of the sewing/pressing/hanging team, and I'll get pictures then.

We went to order the sage green fabric for ordinary time using my basic sample set from Thai Silks, but the color disappeared. On the silk charmeuse page, the 011-401 is now gray. I called, since some pictures were missing. Maybe the green fabric is now one of the colors without a picture?

That gray picture is a picture of the sage green! Good thing I called. I knew computer screens do a bad job of representing fabric color, but wow!

We are scheduling a sewing extravaganza after Epiphany. My little church can only do one big project at a time! Last year's Epiphany event was A Night in Bethlehem. This year is One Solitary Life.

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Thanks for your comment on my tops. I have a problem finding a photographer. I did do a self photo that I'm posting tonight of the wearing the last top I made.

Faye Lewis said...

Hate to keep leaving comments about your comments but I can't find your email address? I guess I'll try to take more pictures myself. I really want a better camera.