Sunday, September 16, 2007

Slow and Steady Wins The Race

After much thought, which was the only resource I could devote to sewing this week, I decided to make a black muslin of the pink knit workout shirt I'm making with Vogue 8151. The pink shirt is to go with the brown yoga pants I have not yet made. Sigh.

Today I made the pattern adjustments and cut out the black knit.

I'm using size G, but I tapered to J in the hips. That sounds so easy, but deciding how to taper under the bust dart was hard. It seems to be a sharp angle. We'll see if it works. I lengthened it six inches, because I like long shirts with pants. I also lowered the front neck edge one inch and shortened the sleeve cap one inch based on various reviews on Pattern Review. That's all I was able to get done this weekend.

I've been busy teaching and learning. I'm teaching a new course this semester, so I have new materials to constantly read. I'm also taking a Web Design course, which is very fun, but time consuming. For instance, I just got distracted reading my "Edit Html" screen. I often get extra breaks between paragraphs in blogger, and I haven't yet figured out exactly why or how. I'm getting close to knowing enough to go in there and really edit. Cool, huh? Well, it is to me because I'm not technologically astute. Only one more week of various parent's nights and other beginning of school time-suckers, so hopefully I can get more obligatory tasks done during the week and more sewing in on weekends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alana, What part of Rochester are you at? I'm in Pittsford! Love your blog!!
Dori
DorESews2@frontiernet.net